Our overall vision is of a Belfast in which today’s interface communities:
- Are free of tension, intimidation and violence both within and between communities;
- Have come to terms with legacies of the past;
- Are socially and economically vibrant, within an attractive physical environment;
- Enjoy freedom of movement in accessing facilities and services;
- Have respect for cultural difference and diversity.
Mission Belfast Interface Project is a membership organisation which aims to support the development of creative approaches towards the regeneration of Belfast’s interface areas, through:
- Being proactive in linking and involving local communities in changing policy and in advocating for change that is of practical benefit to interface communities.
- To be supportive of interface communities and to advocate with agencies and others in order to address issues of safety in interface communities and safe access to work and services, through improved relationships between communities, increased labour mobility and the development of shared services.
- To be supportive of interface communities and to develop positive relationships by encouraging and enabling co-operation, promoting articulation and understanding of key issues involved in sharing and division, and providing support through change.
- Ensuring that membership remains reflective of interface communities as changes occur and that the organisation is managed efficiently and effectively.
- To influence policy and advocate for change;
- To advocate with agencies and others in order to address issues of safety in interface communities;
- To support interface communities to develop positive relationships;
- To ensure that membership remains reflective of interface communities and that the organisation is managed efficiently and effectively.
Values Through promoting:
- mutual understanding;
- the aquisition and dissemination of new knowledge;
- respect and tolerance;
- shared ownership of common issues, concerns, resources and opportunities;
- creativity and innovation;
- equality and accountability, self-help and mutual supp